If projects need Pre-approval, forms and paperwork should be sent in by Dec 9, 2016.
Paperwork for Final Approval needs to be sent in by Feb 17, 2017.
For access to pages of Dates, Deadlines, Rules and Forms, click HERE.
Expo Day Schedule for students
8:30 am – 9:30 am: Student Arrival/Check-in/Setup
All projects must be delivered and set up between 8:30 and 9:30 on Thursday March 16, 2017 at NHTI, Concord’s Community College. Early arrivals may have to wait. The NHSEE staff and security will not admit projects outside of this scheduled set up time. Projects may be delivered and set up by a parent, teacher, or other designated person if the entrant is unable to do so personally during that time.
9:30 am – 10:00 am: Project set-ups will be reviewed by the SRC
9:00 am – 10:00 am: Judges’ Orientation – Green Room
10:00 am – 12:30 pm: Judging of Projects
The experimenters for each project should be interviewed by at least five different judges. The judges will usually arrive individually. It is difficult to space these interviews equally, so students should not get discouraged if there is a long wait between judges. See Judging Expectations for more information.
12:30 pm – 1:15 pm: Lunch
1:15 pm – 1:45 pm: Speaker: To be announced
1:45 pm – 2:30 pm: Awards Ceremony
2:30 pm – 3:00 pm: Remove exhibits and clean-up
Projects must be removed from the exhibit halls between 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm on the day of the EXPO. The Exposition is not responsible for projects left after this time.
A teacher should:
- Encourage students to get involved in STEM projects (Science research, Technology projects, Engineering projects, Math investigations, etc.) These can be options for a required class project, part of an independent study, or a club project.
- Assist students with ways to find research projects or topics.
- Review with students the rules and regulations and/or show them how to find them on the website.
- Encourage students to do the preparation and planning themselves. Those who assume responsibility do better.
Closer to the Expo, a teacher could:
- Remind students to submit paperwork and payments on time as part of their application to participate.
- Remind students to do on-line registration on time. It should be done as soon as their research plan is finished.
- Ask students if they want to send in all their projects individually, or send them all in together (if a class project, it might be good to send them in all together).
- If desired, submit together all materials from their classes along with those from other teachers who are also participating from their school. This can be helpful, but not a requirement.
- Send to: NHSEE, PO Box 5202, Manchester, NH 03108-5202, or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to email@example.com. Checks must still be snail-mailed. Checks should be made out to NH Science & Engineering Exposition.